Since we here at MatureParty make your privacy a top concern I thought some of you out there might want some information on helping protect your privacy online.
What is EXIF Data?
EXIF data, or Exchangeable Image File Format, is the data that is captured every single time you take a digital photo. This information includes date, time, camera make, camera model, camera settings and sometimes even GPS information and copyright information.
As you read that it probably become very apparent why you should care.
What can you do about it?
If you use a windows computer it’s pretty simple to check, update and wipe EXIF data.
Here’s how you do it:
- Right click on the image you want to view the EXIF data on.
- At the bottom of the menu that opens click “properties”
- You should now be in the properties panel with four tabs
- Previous Versions
- Click Details – you can now view the EXIF data on that image
- At the bottom of the details panel there should be a link: Remove Properties and Personal Information – Click it
- Remove Properties panel opens and allows you to select the properties you wish to remove from the file. – There’s a few different options so play around with it.
- Click ok
- Click ok again in the Properties Panel
- You’re done!
Here’s a link with some additional information: https://www.howtogeek.com/203592/what-is-exif-data-and-how-to-remove-it/
If you have any questions, concerns or just need some help feel free to reach out.